The core courses of the EdD program include:
- CIE 605 Comparative and International Pedagogy and Curriculum
- CIE 610 Effective Teaching Concepts and Processes
- CIE 630 Curriculum for the Classroom Teacher
- CIE 640 Seminar in Teacher Education Processes
- CIE 650 Socio-Cultural Perspectives on Education
- CIE 660 Cognitive Perspectives on Teaching & Learning in K-12 Curriculum
- CIE 670 Critical Inquiry into Curriculum and Pedagogy
- CIE 645 Teaching and Learning Communities
- CEE/CSE 690 Advanced Seminar
The plan of study for an EdD in Secondary Education is comprised of 60 hours of coursework and a minimum of 12 hours of dissertation. Coursework includes 27 credit hours in the major field of study including 12 hours of core courses, 24 credit hours in a major area of specialization, 12 credit hours of research courses, 12 credit hours of foundations courses, and a minimum of 12 credits hours of dissertation research.
Doctoral students must also pass a written, take-home comprehensive examination and fulfill residency requirements by completing 24 graduate hours while continuously enrolled for a period of 24 months.