Formal Admission (Degree Seeking)
Follow the steps below to apply for graduate admission to a degree program at the UA Gadsden Center.
The application fee is $50 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $60 for international students. The application fee is non-refundable. Applicants are encouraged to speak with an Enrollment Counselor prior to application submission.
- Click here to apply online.
- Create a login ID and a PIN
- Click the create an application link
- Click on Distance Learning Programs
- Click on Graduate Distance Learning Programs.
- Click Create New Application
*It is very important that you select the correct “Application Type”. The application type selected drives what you will see as available programs. Most applicants will select “Graduate Degree-Distance Learning”, unless you are applying as a non-degree seeking student or to a certificate program.
Non-Degree Seeking Admission
Applicants wishing to enroll in courses, but not earn a degree may apply as a non-degree seeking student. Students may take up to 12 semester hours under non-degree status. Non-degree applications must be approved by the academic unit. Taking non-degree coursework will not make you admissible if you do not meet the minimum admission requirements. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for federal financial aid.
Non-degree applicants should follow steps 1-6 above. For application type, select “Non-Degree Seeking”.
General Graduate Admissions Requirements
Distance applicants must meet general admission requirements as outlined below. Some programs may have higher admission requirements. Please consult with an Enrollment Counselor before submitting an application.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall or a 3.0 for the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate coursework or a 3.0 GPA for a completed master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- An acceptable score on the appropriate graduate entrance exam: GRE (1000), GMAT (500), or the MAT (50th percentile). The type of entrance exam required is determined by the academic program to which application is being made. Some academic units require higher test scores. Test scores must be less than five (5) years old.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are required to submit an English Language proficiency test score (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS) unless they have a U.S. degree earned within three years (of enrolling in their graduate program) or have studied in the U.S. for two years immediately prior to enrolling here.
Official Transcript Submission
For each institution of higher education (including community colleges) at which you have completed 15 or more credit hours, request one official transcript.
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com by your respective institution(s) only.
Paper transcripts should be sent to: The University of Alabama Graduate School, Box 870118, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0118.
For express mail services, please use: The University of Alabama Graduate School, 801 University Blvd, 102 Rose Administration, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0118.
For international transcripts, please visit Country Specific Credential Requirements
Please note that if you are a University of Alabama student, you do not need to provide a transcript for any University of Alabama classes.
If you have previously attended The University of Alabama, you must apply for readmission. You may access the application at www.apply.ua.edu. Scroll down to the Applying For Readmission section to find the online application. There is a required fee of $15.00 to apply for readmission.
Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
Click here for financial aid information.
You may also qualify for one of several scholarships. Some are available through The University of Alabama.